SlideShare Tips for Business
SlideShare is a powerful tool for marketers, receiving north of 60 million visits and 120 million page views every month – ranking it in the top 150 sites on the internet. Yet, most businesses haven’t even reached the precipice of what SlideShare can help them achieve.
The benefit for B2B brands is that, as a social platform, business sits at the centre of SlideShare visitors’ intentions. In fact, the six most-used tags on SlideShare are business, market, trends, research, social media, and statistics. This engagement allows brands to host resources that help solve their audience’s challenges – in an environment where they are actively searching and consuming content in relation to that subject.
To give further insight into how you can use SlideShare to increase leads and grow your business, I thought I would share a recent interview I gave with Casual Friday’s Interactive. In this podcast, I explore what SlideShare is, how it’s evolved as a platform, and what businesses can do to leverage the platform to get new leads and turn them into sales.
Listen to the podcast:
How To Get Leads and Grow Your Business Immediately with SlideShare
Key takeaways from the podcast:
- Use the one-click process to follow your LinkedIn contacts on SlideShare.
- SlideShare has become a more visual platform, make sure you optimise headline & thumbnail images.
- Gate 10-15% of your content for quality lead generation.
- It’s better to publish something epic once a month than put out average content weekly.
- Bring in multiple voices within a topic.
- Use SlideShare’s analytics, it even reports where your content is being embedded.
- Break down larger content assets like eBooks, into smaller pieces in different formats.
I explore in more depth how marketers can use SlideShare to generate leads in my book The Marketer’s Guide to SlideShare, you can find it on Amazon.
About the Social Media Social Hour:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week Tyler Anderson gets up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.