Creating a fun and innovative online experience for prospective students who weren’t able to attend the university’s Open Day on 24 July 2016.
King Content developed an idea that was not only a first for the university, but for the entire Australian education sector: Open Day via Facebook Live and Snapchat. It was:
- A real-time experience for prospective students that was raw, authentic and showcased the best of Griffith.
- A pre-event social strategy to promote the event and ensure an engaged audience on the day.
- Worked with talent and directors to stream seven live videos on the day with students and lecturers.
- Separate Snapchat strategy and competition to capture the Snapchat audience and grow the audience on that new platform for Griffith.
- Targeted promotion of video content.
Between 19 and 28 July, the following results were achieved:
- 1.85 million impressions (from both images and Live video, pre-event and during the event).
- 57,000 Facebook Live video views on the day.
- 21,114 total minutes watched on Facebook Live.
- Organically increased GU’s Facebook community by 1000+ in a week.
- CPV of Live videos as low as $0.02 to relevant targeted audiences.
- 9000 engagements on images and videos.
- 4 competitions run on Snapchat across the day with more than 400+ views each.